Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing Lakewood Kool Operator fan

On 8/27/2014 8:17 AM, Peabody wrote:
Nevermind. It's just pressed on, with a square side. So it just needs to be
pulled straight off, wiggled, persuaded, but not turned.

Thanks for the update. I've found that brake
cleaner or carb cleaner works well to remove
dried out lube. Zoom Spout turbine oil works
well for oiling. I've heard that two stroke
gas mix oil works well, also. Not the gasoline
mix, just the oil.

A sticky fan; gas mix to thin
The man's actions were damnable
The can it did say flammable
He plugged it in, the cord to the socket
The explosion blew the house up just like a rocket
And now the burn ward he's in

--
..
Christopher A. Young