Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 25/08/14 12:05, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Arfa Daily
wrote:

It's just another case of an EU department getting a bee in its bonnet
for all the wrong reasons, much like taking lead out of solder ...

and causing problems for makers of church organs as a side effect.

How? If we're talking about leaded solder you can still buy it and use
it - just not for consumer electronics[1] or potable plumbing.

[1] Vehicle electronics, military and safety critical systems can still
use leaded.

Whilst it can still be freely bought, It can only be used where there is a
specific exception such as the areas you suggest, and for the repair of
items built prior to the introduction of the ban. New-build pipe organs, as
I understand it, don't qualify for such an exception

Arfa