Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"RJH" wrote in message ...

On 25/08/2014 13:20, Richard wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:28:07 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Interestingly, for many years, my mother had a Hoover Constellation.
It
was an original one from when they first came on the market - all
metal
sphere in grey and blue and heavy. That machine had enough power to
lift itself, hovercraft-style, off the floor - including on deep pile
carpet - and float around at the touch of your finger. It would suck
the paint off walls. I don't recall how powerful the motor was on it,
but from the few times that I did work on it putting in new brushes
and
I think once a new armature because the commutator was worn so much
(she used it a lot !) I don't seem to remember it being very big. The
fan unit, on the other hand, I seem to think was. It was not a noisy
machine either. I suppose that was 50 years ago now that she first had
it.

ISTR 600 watts. All that goes to show is many modern machine are
incredibly inefficient. As I said. For whatever reasons. And once
makers
are *forced* to address this they'll find ways round it. If they're not
forced to, why would they bother? To many on here it's not of any
importance.

Except, of course, the problem for those people is not the regulation
per
se - nor even any of the implications or reasons for it. It's pure and
simple the _source_ of the regulation. Given that source, they'll pick
holes in ANYTHING. Black is white. Today is Wednesday.

Can only speak for myself, but I dislike a cesspit of unelected corrupt
scum paid via the funds extorted from hard working people dictating
every aspect of my existence.
YMMV

I'd agree to a point. The 'government' part of the EU appears self-serving.
But that will involve an element of legitimacy, which will include taming
the excesses of some private enterprise. Remarkably efficient for it's own
purposes, in other words.

As to the 'politics', some of the parties have reform as part of their
manifesto, yet turnout (and interest?) is always low.

Where do you cast your vote?

Generally, in a ballot box.
Seriously though, it doesn't matter where. The votes all go into the same
pile of ********s who run everything.