Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:20:56 +0100, Richard wrote:

ISTR 600 watts. All that goes to show is many modern machine are
incredibly inefficient. As I said. For whatever reasons. And once
makers are *forced* to address this they'll find ways round it. If
they're not forced to, why would they bother? To many on here it's not
of any importance.

Except, of course, the problem for those people is not the regulation
per se - nor even any of the implications or reasons for it. It's pure
and simple the _source_ of the regulation. Given that source, they'll
pick holes in ANYTHING. Black is white. Today is Wednesday.

Can only speak for myself, but I dislike a cesspit of unelected corrupt
scum paid via the funds extorted from hard working people dictating
every aspect of my existence.
YMMV

Thank you for proving my point so eloquently.

Because, of course, the UK outside the EU would have no product quality
or energy-efficiency standards and regulations at all. Heavens, no.

I've been involved in standards work and believe me, the average
standard isn't worth the hot air it's written on in terms of giving the
customer a good product. The only standards I came across which I would
use, were those connected to aviation.