Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Interestingly, for many years, my mother had a Hoover Constellation. It
was an original one from when they first came on the market - all metal
sphere in grey and blue and heavy. That machine had enough power to
lift itself, hovercraft-style, off the floor - including on deep pile
carpet - and float around at the touch of your finger. It would suck
the paint off walls. I don't recall how powerful the motor was on it,
but from the few times that I did work on it putting in new brushes and
I think once a new armature because the commutator was worn so much
(she used it a lot !) I don't seem to remember it being very big. The
fan unit, on the other hand, I seem to think was. It was not a noisy
machine either. I suppose that was 50 years ago now that she first had
it.

ISTR 600 watts. All that goes to show is many modern machine are
incredibly inefficient. As I said. For whatever reasons. And once makers
are *forced* to address this they'll find ways round it. If they're not
forced to, why would they bother? To many on here it's not of any
importance.

--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Dave Plowman London SW