Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other John[_4_] The Other John[_4_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 10:41:03 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

Interestingly, for many years, my mother had a Hoover Constellation. It
was an original one from when they first came on the market - all metal
sphere in grey and blue and heavy. That machine had enough power to lift
itself, hovercraft-style, off the floor - including on deep pile carpet
- and float around at the touch of your finger. It would suck the paint
off walls. I don't recall how powerful the motor was on it, but from the
few times that I did work on it putting in new brushes and I think once
a new armature because the commutator was worn so much (she used it a
lot !) I don't seem to remember it being very big. The fan unit, on the
other hand,
I seem to think was. It was not a noisy machine either. I suppose that
was 50 years ago now that she first had it.

We've still got a Constellation in working order used occasionally when I
can't be bothered to get the Miele out. (the Miele lives downstairs while
the Constellation lives upstairs). The Conny says 580 Watts on the plate
underneath it and it works as well as the 1600 Watt Miele on its carpet
setting.

--

TOJ.