Posted to uk.d-i-y
news[_7_] news[_7_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 24/08/2014 21:48, Capitol wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/08/14 15:02, Broadback wrote:

The idea is to reduce energy use,

No. The idea is to make all current vacuum cleaners obsolete and
unsalable and ensure that Bosch who are almost certainly behind the
lobby can outsell better Chinese and Japanese vacuums.

Just out of interest, I have run a check on my best vacuum cleaner,
which is 110V. Sucking it draws 8.8A but with the flow blocked it only
draws 7.6A. So, it's using about 1KW. 1.8KW, unless it's a specmanship
game, seems like overkill. Maybe someone else can run a similar test and
let us know the results

A few years ago there was an item on the radio about the development of
the vacuum cleaner. AARI some Japanese manufacturer was interviewed and
it appeared that their "Best" machine was not available in Europe, only
in Japan. When questioned why it seems that the Japanese regard
European cleanliness standards as rather lax, after all we generally
wear outdoor shoes inside.

I wonder what power the average vacuum on sale in Japan is.

I cant really fins anything on Google at the moment except about the
success of Dyson in Japan.

--
Chris