Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How The A-10 Warthog Became 'The Most Survivable Plane Ever Built'

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:09:50 PM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:52:25 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

wrote:

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:30:40 PM UTC-7, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 21:48:13 -0500, Martin Eastburn

wrote:

On 8/23/2014 5:19 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Friday, August 22, 2014 5:59:32 PM UTC-7, Rex wrote:

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 10:04:00 PM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73IyO1Qdqo

Cool. Loves me some Warthog

It's a national treasure. The Air Force wants to kill it:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the...-bu-1562789528

This airframe should be kept. I'd say a wing of them for special ops.

They are special and maybe 30 kept with the 270 or so kept for parts.

Keep troops trained as pilots and ground advisers if needed.

Simply cost effective. If a central American country goes wacko or some

people within do it might be just the trick. A billion dollar machine

that flies to fast and can't turn or hide isn't needed.

Seems like they, the DOD, thinks we can fight a war sitting on our sofa

waiting for updates.

The Warthog has been updated and is proving itself over and over again

in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Air National Guard and Air

Force Reserves, and the Army are all asking for the existing A-10s.

Everybody (public, too) but the Air Force loves the hell out of 'em.

The plane they propose to replace it with costs $342 million each.

The Warthog costs $11.8 million each. WTF,O?

The A-10 is being removed from service due to cost savings?!?

Follow the money, guys...

P.S: Maybe the Taliban asked Barry nicely to end their service...

--

The unexamined life is not worth living.

--Socrates

I love how Larry Jackass tells everyone not to engage me but then gets involved in threads I start.

Larry Jackass is worthless **** who can't take his own advice but expects others to.

Larry Jackass is a friend of adult babies who want a nanny.

**** Larry Jackass.

You didn't "start" a thread, dimwit. You posted a link with no

comment.

So, are you taking credit for what someone else put together, now?

--

Ed Huntress

Typical slow Eddy bull****. Slow Eddy lied when he said he put me in his killfile a short time ago. slow Eddy has made this claim many times over the years. Slow Eddy can't be trusted.