Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:41:54 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

Nilfisk used to be the queen of vacuum cleaners years ago.
Indestructible virtually.
Cost about four times the competition.

I'm convinced. Since the demise of the Nilfisk's second motor caused
by blockage of dog hair, I've been looking at building a properly
future-proofed one, using s/h parts picked up cheap as chips.
That notion's come about because the lack of Nilfisk led to the
purchase of several other vacuums in its stead, all of which died a
noisy (and in some cases, spectacular) death as they got worn out and
clogged. The major design part of the Nilfisk was its resistance to
clogging and the only reason it got neglected was through sheer memory
failure from time to time. It would still be running fine if it hadn't
been killed.
Now the long-haired dog has gone, there's much less of a challenge in
place anyhow.