Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help with metal strengths

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 22:04:30 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

On 8/23/2014 4:25 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:27:05 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

To help anyone get a clearer picture, here are two photos of the drawbar
hook-up on the bike and trailer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/14817388677/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...n/photostream/

Excuse me..not the shock bolts..but the farthest rear seat bolts

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

My intent is to avoid a permanent mount. I want to keep the lines of the
bike clean, thus, a removable drawbar is my objective and preferably,
one that doesn't require a great deal of time to install and remove.

You can either lift the seat and unbolt it, or have a couple inches
showing at the very bottom of the fender

If there is a way to mount something under the fender (hidden) then have
the capability to attach a removable connector to that mount, I would
consider it. The problem is that attachment would be too close to the
tire since it would need to drop behind the plate, which itself is about
2" from the tire.

If you hug the fender..you arent going to hit it. Else you would be
hitting the fender now.

The engineering is easy..application...shrug