Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Help with metal strengths

On 8/23/2014 1:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 22:10:19 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

http://www.mono-trail.co.uk/motorcyc...r-fitment.html
What's wrong with making it of steel tube like the MonoTrail? I'd
use 4140 ChroMo tubing. .040 to .065 wall. (.060 would be my preferred
minimum) Round tubing gives you the best rigidity per lb.

Actually, nothing and I agree. I was looking for something more simpler
to do which I can do with what tools I have. I thought of doing it
exactly like the Mono Trail and even contacted them asking to buy their
fitment kit and attachment bar. My emails are ignored and he's in the
UK. This is something I may now seriously consider again.