Reyd Dorakeen

Default soap treating of wood

so you submerge it? or can i just coat it on the lathe. Wouldn't you need
to apply it at the end instead then if it only goes a few cells deep?(on the
http://www.ronkent.com/rontech.html site he says it conditions the wood and
makes it even better to turn, but woulnt that only last a little while(the
first few cuts) I'm confused as usual:-/
in article , Leif Thorvaldson at
wrote on 1/11/04 3:38 PM:

No effect on foodware. I trust you wash out salad bowls once a year or so!
*G*

No it won't create foam when something wet is put in it. The amount of LDD
that stays in the wood is almost infinitesimal as it is basically turned and
sanded away in the final process.

It penetrates only a few cells deep.

Long soaking times are not necessary unless you are stopping work on the
piece. Then it is best to leave it in the solution.

HTH,

Leif
"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
thats why Im asking, I read that. It doesnt have the parts I'm interested
in, The effects of it on foodware, will it stay in the wood and create

foam
every time something wet is in it, how far into the wood will it

penetrate,
how long do I need to leave it on for it to soak. etc
in article , Bruce Ferguson

at
wrote on 1/11/04 12:37 PM:

http://www.ronkent.com/rontech.html

Try the above website. He discribes the soap process.

Bruce
"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
does anyone have more detailed info on this,
how long to leave it on, what woods it works well on,
how far it soaks in, will it contaminate food etc