View Single Post
  #94   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Securing TE to the bench?

Get a recent copy of "Guns And Ammo" magazine and a pair of about size twelve boots. Put the boots on the magazine just outside the door and make a sign that says "Went to go pick up some ammo, back in a few. Don't mess with the pitbulls, they just been wormed".

Maybe not all that helpful but may be. Some things are p[riceless when it comes to this ****. SCARE THEM. That's right, if they geet the idea they will get caught they will pass you be and pick on the next guy.

Know what that means ? Let's put it thins way, a locked door is an invitation. If it is unlocked and someone tried it, they will figure someone is there. They DO NOT want a confrontation, even the ****ing stoooopidest of them don't want that. they could kil or leave witnesses and few of them are ruthles enough to kill. they are not all that bad, they are most likely addicted to sometning. That makes them somewhat ruthless, but they know, in heaven there is no beer. In jail there is no meth.

Too this day I rarely lonck my door. Know why ? First of all there is little chance of people going around checking for unlocked doors and then robbing the place. The LOCKED door tells them you are not home.

If they are running around doing that, and especially maybe know that you do work at the house, that is a predicament I would rather not have really.

but the bottom line here, no matter what other methodsa you apply, do whatever you can to make it difficult to tell when you are there. I know people who turn on the TV when they LEAVE, not when they get home. for just that reason. They, like me, have known alot of thieves. We just have known alot of people so that's how it is. Plus we were bigtime partiers and ****. As a result, even though I was never much of a thief, I understand the mindset.

Another thing is those who are successaful at it (the ones not in ail) have a timeclock in their mind. Every minute they spend in that place greatly increases the risk of getting caught. Any bunch of things could happen.

Bubba could show up. You could get back from the gunstore. you could be sleeping and forgot to lock the door and be a karate expert. Every second count and that's why just slowing them down is so important.

If they want what you got bad enough noting will stop them. They will show up with an acetylene torch and ****. Whatevr it takes. Do not underestimate their balls or their intelligence. And they ain't dumb. Some NEVER get caught.