Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Personal dilemma

On 8/21/2014 11:12 PM, Rick wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
On 8/21/2014 7:35 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:55:51 AM UTC, amdx wrote:

I'm 1000 miles from her, I talk cordially to her, but it's getting

harder and harder.

I just want $20k and my name off the house.

Options?

I would talk to her and see what she thinks is fair. My thoughts is
that she might do what she thinks is fair. If she does not think
what you propose is fair, she will manage to not do it.

After you know what she thinks it fair, I would offer to agree to
even less than that amount. If she thinks what you propose is more
than fair, she might do it. I suspect she will not, but there is
always hope.

Dan

The dilemma is, she wants to stay in the house because it is cheaper
than any apartment. She has a negative net worth. I want my name off
the title. I don't want to give her any more of my hard earned saving.
I want to get my equity out of the property.
I would like to see her keep the house, I think it is in her best
interest to keep the house, she could end up homeless if she doesn't.
She has looked into subsidized housing for the elderly, I don't know
what she found.

As far as fair, I think she finds the existing arrangement works very
well for her.
Mikek

Who's been paying the property taxes?

She has. About $1,000 a year.