Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Securing TE to the bench?

rickman wrote:

And they probably thought they had fixed the problem. All you need to
do is to apply something that is not so easily seen but easily removed
by touch. Then check it after the locks have been used, but before they
have been cleaned.

In a defense plant where you had to empty your pockets to get into
the building?

I've worked defense half my career and have never had my pockets
checked. In fact, most of the places I worked I had to open a brief
case, but the women didn't have to open their purses. But the real
problem were the people who had access without supervision... like the
maintenance or cleaning crews. One place I worked responded to the
theft of a PC (back in the early days when they were boat anchors) by
starting to search briefcases, lol. Clearly the PC didn't walk out in a
briefcase.

Theft is easy if you give it a little thought.

--

Rick