Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10365 Ignoramus10365 is offline

Default OT. Personal dilemma

On 2014-08-21, amdx wrote:
Here's where I made it worse, I actually signed paperwork with a realtor
that she called, I pointed out she should try to stay in the house,
because she will never be able to rent any place this cheap.
So, she stalled and looked for a mortgage, then after a couple weeks she
told me she couldn't get a mortgage, so she would sell it. A couple
weeks later the realtor called me, because he could not get a hold of
her. I called her and she said, the more she thought about it, she knew
there was nothing to rent cheaper than owning the house. Now she is
getting her finances in order, so she can get a mortgage.

What exactly did you sign?

I signed an agreement to list the property for sale.

That does not seem to do too much damage.

And how can she get a mortgage, without you agreeing, when you own a
half of the house?

Oh, I want her to get a mortgage to pay me for my half.
That would be the ideal outcome. She would would have a place
to live for the rest of her life and I would have my $20k.

Makes sense.

It would seem doable, to get a mortgage for 50% of the value.
But with her credit and work history, it may be tough.
I don't think she has a had a job that pays into SS for 15 years,
until just the last 1-1/2 years.

I do not see any incentive for her to do so. I would move on and
disregard whatever she owes you, except that I would not sign anything
over to her or co-sign any mortgage, except for one where you get
paid-off for your half.