Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Personal dilemma

On 8/20/2014 7:01 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:51:47 -0500, amdx wrote:

om her share at the sale. (not what I want)

I just want out with as close to $20k as possible.

Mikek

---
Greetings Mike,
If she was my sister, and I loved her, I would forgive any debt and
just let her have the house. Do you need the $20,000? If you don't
need the money, and it seems like maybe you don't because you got
along without it for several years, then just let her have it. I know
it's not fair to you, but you will probably feel better about it in
the long run. Send her a card that says Merry Christmas! or Happy
Birthday! or whatever and tell her that she is now obligation free
when it comes to you.
Eric

I'm not that big.

I'm working 50+ hrs a week, 52 weeks a year. Our two person business is
open 7 days a week, 10 hrs a day, 363 days a year. I'm living very
frugally, saving as much as I can. My sister on the other hand, has
spent much time traveling with no responsibilities, not even a home, her
and her friend lived in a van or with one relative or another. All that
is fine, I even wish I had that freedom, and wish I had visited some of
the places she has. That said, I don't feel responsible for her fun
lifestyle. She even blew through $93k she got when she sold her condo
years ago. She is working at a place that helps train and allows her to
apply for jobs. She has told me for over a year that she wants to learn
Quicken books to make herself more valuable, she has yet to do it. I've
told her she needs to visit the 40 business's within walking distance of
mom's (sis and my) house everyday and tell them she is available for
work. After a couple months she would know all the managers and could
get a job close to home and wouldn't need a car. Her excuse is, all jobs
require you to applied online.

I think she has already used about $30k of my money.
I'm 1000 miles from her, I talk cordially to her, but it's getting
harder and harder.
I just want $20k and my name off the house.

Options?

Mikek