Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tap/hose connector thread size

"BruceB" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

I have sent an email to toolstation. We will see if they can help.

Toolstation did not know, but the supplier to Toolstation is Mueller
Primaflow who said it is a G 7/8 thread, which I undersatand to mean a
BSP thread. Looks like I cannot estimate thread pitch. I'll see if I
can find something to fit.

I am going to try G7/8 to Geka then Geka to Hozelock.
Simpler to have bought the smaller tap!

A bit grumpy now.
Having been told by the supplier it was a G7/8" thread, I ordered the
necessary parts and received them in the post today. However the G7/8
connection does not fit. It is the correct diameter and the thread
engages, turns a few degrees and locks up. As I first thought a few
days ago, the thread on the tap outlet is a finer pitch than the
standard BSP threads.
So not sure what to try next.

Cut to the chase and get the smaller tap you should have got in the first
place.