Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 06:03:03 +0000 (UTC), Helmer Bengtsson
wrote:

The move to USB 3.0 only affects charge rates connected to a PC.

2.x is limited to 500mA while 3.x is 900mA I think.

Both standards use 5V, but 2A AC chargers often run a bit higher at 5.3V.
The chargers don't directly adhere to either USB spec and basically
trigger fast charge the same as before, by shorting out or putting a
fixed resistance between the data pins.

My old HP TouchPad USB 5.3V/2A charger with 2.0 cord charges my Note 3
just as fast as the Samsung 5.3V/2A adapter with USB 3.0 cord does.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the "USB 3.0" Samsung charger
doesn't actually have the extra 3.0 pins, it uses a 2.0 port. That's
because for pure charging devices the standard doesn't matter, only the
current and voltage rating and that it shorts the data pins.

For anyone that is interested please see:

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/

All the USB standards are there.

?-)