Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Don Y[_2_] Don Y[_2_] is offline

Default Securing TE to the bench?

Hi David,

On 8/19/2014 12:37 PM, David Eather wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:16:19 +1000, Don Y wrote:

I was looking for a tile saw at one of the (many) pawn shops here
some months ago. Seeing the variety of "stuff" they had up for
sale, I thought maybe this would be a great place to get rid of
some of my test/development equipment (logic analyzers, freq
counters, waveform generators, programmable power supplies, etc.).

Of course, I was sure the prices on the devices for sale there
had to exceed the $$$ they were willing to "loan" to the original
owners. But, by how much, I was not sure.

If they are like Australia then buy about 4-1

That probably makes sense. You have to assume most folks are NOT
coming back for their "escrow"... so, they have to gamble as to
what they can sell the items for, "quickly" (as they have limited
space to warehouse the stuff).

I'd be curious as to how much they "lose" fencing stolen merchandise
(confiscated by police) but assume it probably isn't that much!
Too many places an "individual" would have to check in search of
*his* stolen goods (do you have S/N's of everything you own recorded?).

Neighbor was burglarized and police "made out a report" but were
pretty frank in saying the chances of any recovery were zero!