Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removal of overgrown weeds

"Ignoramus31981" wrote in
message ...
I purchased a length of unused, since long ago, railroad track, for
scrap metal. This track, on a private property of course, is
overgrown
with full size weeds and some brush.

I am trying to come up with the most practical, meaning quick and
involving minimum of tools, way to clean that brush around the
rails.

I cannot use fire for sure.

My best idea so far is a bush trimmer. Any other ideas? I do not
think
that a lawnmower will do.

Yesterday I ran my riding mower across a patch of goldenrod and mostly
pushed it down flat without cutting the stems.

I have a curved-shaft JD string trimmer whose manual says to use brush
blades only on the straight-shaft models.
-jsw