Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removal of overgrown weeds

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:58:36 -0500, Ignoramus31981
wrote:

I purchased a length of unused, since long ago, railroad track, for
scrap metal. This track, on a private property of course, is overgrown
with full size weeds and some brush.

I am trying to come up with the most practical, meaning quick and
involving minimum of tools, way to clean that brush around the rails.

I cannot use fire for sure.

That's too bad, because those propane burners are simply kickass fun!

My best idea so far is a bush trimmer. Any other ideas? I do not think
that a lawnmower will do.

Weedeater for weeds, pulaski or mattock for bushes. Hire it done or
do it yourself for the exercise, but do it EARLY in the morning. It's
too hot outside for that crap after about 9am.

A knuckle boom truck (or your engine hoist) will help pulling up the
stakes. The knuckle boom will also help you load them on the truck. A
truck with air compressor will help with the nuts 'n bolts. Or, if
they're welded, rotsa ruck.

--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they