MarkM

Default Drilling tiles?

(ANt) wrote in message . com...
I bought a Carbide tipped tile drill bit (Triangular little thing)
after breaking all my other bits on my bathroom tiles. With the
Carbide bit, it still took all my weight and a lot of sweet, some
blood and continuous drilling (800W Bosch Hammer / twin speed bla bla)
for 15 mins to put 1 hole through 1 tile. I've put the shower head and
sink units in, but haven't got around to the Glass Shower thing
yet...I simply can't bare the thought of 60 minutes continuous
drilling to get fixing points in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? These are some imported tiles from
Italy with a reactive glaze..they're a sort of natural shape /
square'ish...got through the glaze no problem, it was the actual tile
that hurt.

It sounds like these tiles may be porcelain tiles that are dense all
the way through rather than usual ceramic wall tiles where the main
body is porous and fairly light. From my experience, once you break
through the surface glaze on typical wall tiles, a tile bit will go
through the main tile very quickly. IME, good floor tiles are
porcelain based, wall tiles are usually ceramic.