Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Securing TE to the bench?

In sci.electronics.equipment Don Y wrote:
Hi Dave,

On 8/17/2014 8:56 PM, DaveC wrote:
How about a better grade of employee. Perhaps only hire those that
don't need to steal to support their drug habit.

This is my business workbench/equipment in my home. Some homes have been
burglarized recently: smash a door glass, open the door, march the proceeds
out to the driveway (where a van has been waiting with rear doors right up
against the house) and load up everything.

Wouldn't they also take the *bench*? (as has happened here, recently,
with homes being "cleaned out").

Perhaps a wiser approach might be to affix a sticker to each piece
of kit offering a reward for its return! Then, if it ends up in a
pawn shop, etc. SOMEONE has an incentive to contact you.

Hillarious. Why not just put stickers on stuff that says "don't steal,
it's wrong"?