Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Securing TE to the bench?

wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It was the @#$%^&*( engineers who used to raid production floor work
benches, instead of taking the equipment assigned to them when they had
to go into the field. It backfired once, when they swiped my 300 MHz Tek
2465. I got the new 400 MHz Tek 2465B they were supposed to get. They
demanded that I trade with them. I told them I would break the fingers
of anyone who took it. It was still on my bench
when I left, a few years later.

There are less draconian means than a safe to keep "honest" people
honest. The Kensington locks work. OTOH, since it's a company
resource, I can't tell others not to use the equipment on my bench.
Tools I try to lock up since they just get scattered to the wind.
Anything else can be taken, though I would prefer to be asked first.

The scope was signed out to me, and disappeared when I really needed
it. I would have been responsible for it, if the idiot lost or damaged
it. Company policy required the cal lab to be notified about any
equipment before it could be moved. Without the scope, a lot of boards
couldn't be tested.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.