Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Tidal power

On 16/08/14 09:15, John Williamson wrote:
On 16/08/2014 08:35, harryagain wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:16:57 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

Yes I can see you know nothing about horses.
Working horses need high energy food additionally to grass, ie
grain or
these days "concentrates".
In days of yore,large areas of land were set aside for growing oats
just
to feed horses and oxen.
You don't get energy from nowhere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_...n#Concentrates
Grass Harry. All grains (wheat, barley, oats etc), they're all
grasses, or didn't you know that? Concentrates are made from them. So
why have all these green machines, the horses, disappeared, Harry?
It's because they've been replaced by infinitely more efficient
machines that burn fuels such as coal or oil.

harry might have heard of the countryside, but I doubt if he's ever
been there.

I used to own a farm ****-fer-brans.

I know of several farms which are entirely within an urban situation.

we weren't talking cannabis farms.

Though harry probably was.

I wasn't. :-

hackneycityfarm.co.uk/

Others are available in most cities.

Okay, they're more animal petting zoos than proper farms, but...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.