Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sharpen a knife with a cup

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 06:09:06 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Harry K wrote:
Your description of your steel is exactly what a steel is. As for
using one to sharpen a knife? Faster to use a stone and do it right
then 'steel' it.

Really? I've found that 30 seconds with a steel does wonders. I watched a
butcher once use a steel on the hosts knife at a party, then use it to slice the
hairs off the back of his hand. I haven't figured out the trick for that.

While in the Navy I had patches of my arms and legs shaved bare,
testing my Case Trapper. Honed it on my leather boot.
Only real use I had for that knife. Honing and shaving hair to test
it.