Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Sharpen a knife with a cup

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:19:23 AM UTC-7, Bewett Miller wrote:
Sorry, an old post I know, but my Steel does sharpen my knives.

My steel is not just a piece of steel like a large nail, it is like a

file with the ridges parallel to the handle. And a dull knife does

get sharp.

Normally steels just straighten the edge.

Thanks

And the "sharpening steel" technically doesn't sharpen a knife, it just

"puts a edge on it" whatever the hell that means I don't exactly know.

It "unrolls" the curl at the edge.

Your description of your steel is exactly what a steel is. As for using one to sharpen a knife? Faster to use a stone and do it right then 'steel' it.

Harry K