Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

In article ,
lid says...

In article ,
says...

Apparently genuine logarithm tables used to contain deliberate errors,
to trap forgers; and OS maps include things which are not there.

The Landranger map of the Isle of Wight contains a number of names (of the
cartographers, presumably) embedded in the cliffs on the SE coast of the
island ...

(I can't access the map on-line at the moment, so can't provided a link to
the precise area.)

Ah, back in business, so here we go:

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=447...7280&A=Y&Z=120

Just right of 'Whale Chine' you'll find MIKE and just above 'Blackgang'
you'll find BILL!

I think there are a few more if you look for them.

--

Terry

---