Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:34:46 +0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:53:44 +0100, newshound wrote:

On 12/08/2014 13:49, whisky-dave wrote:

Anyone see this yesterday.

oldish story it seems.

http://www.totalelectricaltraining.c...-17th-edition-

wiring-regulations-seized

Why would they bother using fake figures, why don;t they just photocopy
the genuine product and then fake it, all seems rather strange to me.

And also the on-site guide, it seems.

Apparently genuine logarithm tables used to contain deliberate errors,
to trap forgers; and OS maps include things which are not there.

When I worked in logistics software, the digital maps manager told me the
OS were *very* proactive about their copyright, and caught many dodgier
(we paid for our maps) outfits out with minute features all over their
maps.

This is ringing a very strong QI bell ....

From the "Elephant in the room" series.
--
J B Good