Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

On 13/08/2014 08:30, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:29:31 +0100, Dennis@home wrote:

there weren't any dangerous mistakes, if there were they would have used
one as an example.

There was one about cable sizing but can't remember if it was 35
changed to 25 or the other way round. May have been in the fake
Onsite Guide.

I think they were talking about capacity of conduits, so its not going
to make any difference as you can't get 35 mm conduit anyway.

What struck me is the inference that every installation is worked out
individually from the Regs/On Site guide and not done, as we all
know, by "rule of thumb". Rings 2.5, lights 1 (or 1.5 if it's "big"),
cookers 6 etc...

What gets me is how they are stated as the regs when they are just the
*minimum* standard allowed.
There are many ways to do stuff better than the regs and without costing
much more.