Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

Richard Tobin wrote:
In article , wrote:

I just feel that as the OS is (was?) "ours" we should have access to
their information as of right.

Though I generally agree with you, I can see the argument against.

A few people and companies will make extensive use of the information,
while most will make very little, if any. Why should the few be
subsidised by the many?

That argument could be applied to the NHS and lots of other 'free'
services. Some poeple *do* apply this argument to the NHS etc. but
I'm definitely in favour of us all paying for things like this even
though a small minority benefit far more than others.

--
Chris Green
ยท