Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

On 12/08/2014 18:54, wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

Jethro_uk wrote:
Apparently genuine logarithm tables used to contain deliberate errors,
to trap forgers; and OS maps include things which are not there.

When I worked in logistics software, the digital maps manager told me the
OS were *very* proactive about their copyright, and caught many dodgier
(we paid for our maps) outfits out with minute features all over their
maps.

I just feel that as the OS is (was?) "ours" we should have access to
their information as of right.

This is, and always was, cock. If you didn't have shares in it then you
didn't own any of it. And even if you do own shares in a company, does
that entitle you to their products free of charge?

It wasn't originally "a company" it was part of government.

It still is: a non-ministerial department.

--
Colin Bignell