Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Tim Wescott[_4_] Tim Wescott[_4_] is offline

Default Securing TE to the bench?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:27:55 -0700, DaveC wrote:

What's a straightforward method for attaching equipment to the bench so
it won't "walk" off? (This is my desire, so let's not discuss why or why
not please.)

I have 3/16 steel cable and ferrules for making lanyards. But how best
to attach the lanyard to, say, an HP 34401 bench DMM or Tek 2465? Not
adverse to drilling the case as long as there is strength to be had and
can limit the possibility of shorting.

Thanks.

I assume this is for security reasons. If so, then what everyone else
has said.

For earthquake resistance or for a test bench in a vehicle, where they
need to be mechanically secure but not at all proof from thievery, then
you want a different approach. In that case I'd run a nylon strap over
the top of each one and cinch it down. You can get straps & buckles &
whatnot at REI and similar outdoor stores.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com