Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Securing TE to the bench?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:27:55 -0700, the renowned DaveC
wrote:

What's a straightforward method for attaching equipment to the bench so it
won't "walk" off? (This is my desire, so let's not discuss why or why not
please.)

I have 3/16 steel cable and ferrules for making lanyards. But how best to
attach the lanyard to, say, an HP 34401 bench DMM or Tek 2465? Not adverse to
drilling the case as long as there is strength to be had and can limit the
possibility of shorting.

Thanks.

A lot of test equipment products have the "port" for the standard
notebook security cable (I think Kingston originated it, but there are
plenty of knock-offs floating aboot).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany