Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default What are these fittings called?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message ...
Ian Malcolm wrote in
:

Doug Miller wrote in
:

I need to buy a few tubing fittings similar to those shown in this
photo, but my search for them is considerably hampered by not knowing
what they're called. Any help would be appreciated.

http://milmac.com/images/TubingFittings.png

The purpose is to make a temporary butt joint between the end of one
tube and the side of another, by attaching with a screw.

"radius tube connectors"

Thanks to all who replied. I think this will put me on the right track.

Yes, I could get them from the manufacturer of the parts in the photo, but I need them sooner
than I'm likely to get them that way. If I can't find a local source, I need to make my own.

Fence-post fittings are too large; the tubing in the photo is 7/8" OD.

Looks like pretty thin wall. Maybe force a 7/8 OD wooden dowel into it?