Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default "Are you a Jew?"

Stormin Mormon wrote:

"Look, Hindenberg. I've got a pen and a phone,
I can go around Congress. Give me full powers
or we'll have fire and ruin."

Had Hitler died of a heart attack while eating a creme cake around 1938 or
1939, he would be on the list of great European leaders. Compare that to the
shambles of the Weimar Republic. A democracy, constitutional republic, or
whatever really isn't too good at getting things done. If there is a vision,
it changes every 4 or 8 years as the nation stumbles from crisis to crisis.

It was utter hubris but Speer talked about being directed to design
buildings that would degrade to picturesque ruins in 1000 years like the
Coliseum and so forth. In the US, the philosophy is if it doesn't fall down
of its own accord in 25 years, demolish it and build something modern.