Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default DVD player acting up

trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:44:53 AM UTC-4, Peter wrote:
On 8/6/2014 4:35 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

That should be special. Go to a store and have them set
up a big
special demo for you so you can decide whether to buy the
old DVD
player for $30 that hardly anyone buys anymore, or a blue
ray, for
maybe $10 more. I'm sure the stores where you shop must be
happy to
see you.

BTW, for the extra $10 or $20 you also get other features,
like
built-in ethernet connectivity so you can stream movies.

If he has an HD TV he should get a Blu-Ray, but I would
suggest getting a Philips.
I've used Philips TVs and DVD/BR for several years and they
will play anything that you throw at it.
MP3, MP4, DIVX or just about any "common" video or audio
files. Last Smart BR I bought was on deals.woot.com for 35
bucks.
Shop around and you can find them cheap, but Philips plays
more formats than just about any player out there.