charlie b

Default FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see.

Chris Melanson wrote:

Since when did this become a commercial advertisement forum ? You do not
see the many shop owners in this forum whoreing there products here do you?
Please take out an ad in a newspaper or trade publication not here.

Chris

Steve makes hand made woodworking tools, and good ones at that.
He, unlike many here, has been blessed to find a vocation that
is also his avocation. He'll never get rich (in dollars at least)
making planes. But he gets by (most of the time : )) and his planes
keep getting better and better. His planes are appreciated by those
who have them and lusted after by some who don't.

I don't know when he finds the time to participate and contribute
to this group but I'm grateful that he does. He's shared a lot of
what he's learned about sharpening methods and machines. So if
he occassionaly offers folks in this forum a deal on some of his
planes it's a Win-Win situation - he sells some planes, we save
some money. For me it's a double bomus - get a great tool at
a good price AND I get to support the arts : )

By shop owners I assume you mean cabinet and furniture shops.
Since this is a woodworking forum I'm guessing that most folks
are here to either learn how to make their own furniture or
share what they've learned about making same. So someone
advertising their cabinets and furniture would be "taking coal
to Newcastle" - probably not a profitable avenue to pursue.
Borg types don't make anything they sell so if they were to
advertise in this group it'd be ignored (as far as I know, there
is no "Thou SHALT read ALL messages posted to this forum"
"edict".)

Thanks for the opportunity to "plug" Steve's stuff!

charlie b
a patron of the arts