Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default How old is a Morgan 10A vise?

On 8/5/2014 9:44 PM, Cdball wrote:
I have a badly rusted vise. I think I posted about it a couple years ago
when I got it. I'm finally getting geared up to give electrolysis a try,
because everything else (heat, liquid wrench, time, vinegar, Coke, 10'
cheater bar, sand blaster) has failed to get the screw turning. I'd have
done it already, but even my 80-something grandmother has never heard of
washing soda, and I have no idea where to get some. The web makes it sound
common, but it ain't common around here, unless I'm blind.

washing soda is Sodium Carbonate, a very common chemical

If you can not find Sodium Carbonate ( Na 2 CO3)(Washing soda) use
baking soda Sodium BiCarbonate (Na H CO3)

Have you tried to soak it in light oil?