Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED Shop Lights

On 2014-08-06, BobH wrote:
On 8/4/2014 5:43 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:

[ ... ]

I figure the payback will come if I never have to replace a tube or
ballast ever again.

Yes, that is my take on it as well. For some reason, fluorescent lamps
in one corner of my shop seem to last about 6 months. I replaced the
fixture and the life did not change. Hoping the LED's do better.

Hmm ... did you by any chance try measuring the voltage at each
fixture? Compare them to see whether any are lower. Assuming that they
are all on one switch, it might be that the connection from one to the
next is poor (bad or corroded wire nuts or something like that) and it
is thus running from lower voltage, so it is harder to start with the
lower voltage.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--