Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: Sewing Desk painting

While admiring your most recent project I had another look at the the
sewing desk.

A friend of mine, who has evidently overestimated my abilities, asked me
for advice about building some white built-in cabinets. The sewing desk,
at least in the pictures, looks like the kind of finish I think he
wants, but I have no idea how to achieve it.

He'll probably want to make his cabinets out of plywood, as he'll have
shelves with wide spans and heavy stuff on them. I should add that he
has pretty good woodworking skills, but does not have a shop to work in
now. He may be able to borrow a space for a while.

On that point I suggested having a shop at least cut the pieces for him.
I even did some quick checking to see if plywood was sold pre-"finished"
with some sort of white coating or laminate. That does seem to exist, in
Europe, but I'm not sure about on our side of the pond.

Any thoughts?

---