Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12659 Ignoramus12659 is offline

Default LED Shop Lights

I have a LED strip light installed in my office.

Already half of the LEDs burned out on one bulb in less than a month.

Aside from that, they produce good light.

In my home, I finally decide to replace one of the sucky T12's, with a
high output T5. The result is nothing short of amazing. A lot of light
of the most pleasant kind.

On 2014-08-04, Tim Wescott wrote:
Anyone used 'em?

I've got a high-bay shop with about a dozen 8' florescent fixtures, only
a few of which work. I'm thinking of replacing them one-by-one with
these things, whenever the planets align and I'm extra flush with cash:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-...-LED-High-Bay-
Light-IBH-11L-MV/203812710

The alternatives are to buy a bunch of ballasts and continue to mess with
fluorescents (and tubes that are now considered toxic waste, omigod), or
mount light sockets onto 2x6's and put in screw-in LED bulbs (which is
about $50 per fixture cheaper for the same light, but labor-intensive).