Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

Michael Wilson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:13:51 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/2/2014 1:56 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:

First call, longtime listener.

I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I

don't have a shut off valve from tank to well to

drain the tank. If I turn off the breaker to the

well pump, will this effectively shut off the water

so I can drain the tank and replace it? Help much

appreciated.

Mike

Yes, should. I'd open a couple faucets, to drain

the pressure. Expect to get a little wet, no such

thing as perfect.

So, tell us why you're replacing the tank? might be

that's not your real problem.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

The plumber said the diaphragm is broken in the tank we have. The pressure switch constantly flips on when water is run in the house. He wants $900.00 to replace it with an Amtrol WX203 32 Gal tank. I'm putting in a Flotec 35 Gallon instead.

AS i understand it a larger tank is better because the pump runs longer for
each cycle but cycles less, which is what causes pump problems.

--
Tekkie