Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interchangeable parts?

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message newsJidnZsPcu4sJELOnZ2dnUVZ_oydnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

Suggest next time feel the cables and connectors first, when this
happens usually something gets hot.

When something electrical malfunctions my experience-conditioned
reflex is to mentally photograph the symptoms and then quickly shut
off before something gets hot enough that the expensive magic smoke
billows out. I use the IR thermometer or as a last resort my hand
to chase less dire emergencies.

Mostly just giving you a reminder but yeah, it's easier said than
done, especially if you don't have a helper.

Another experience-conditioned reflex is not touching bare electrical
connections without stopping to think. Other than home stuff the last
live vehicle battery I worked on was for a 300V electric car.
-jsw