Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On Monday, August 4, 2014 12:31:28 AM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:
On Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:14:35 PM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:

"Harry K" wrote in message

snip

OK. Told the neighbor I would be using off their well. Turned on the

interconnect and then discovered that there was no shut-ff between the

pressur tank and my well. Neighbor would have been pumping right into

wherever my leak was.

didn't you have a check valve between the pressure tank and the well?

No. I know people think one should be there but it is redundant and does nothing but add restrictions to the system. The checkvalve goes in the well, normally just above the pump or it may be part of the pump.

I'd say a checkvalve located at the submersible pump *is* a checkvalve between
the tank and well.