Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:01:58 PM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:47:28 AM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:

snip

I thought we were talking about a valve between the well and the pressure
tank.

we were and I was. Complicated situation. Back when I bought this place it
was serviced from a community well that had been drilled by the state when
the highway rebuild ruined the spring. Served 4 hourses originally but mine
and the neighbove 1/4 mile away (who had the well) were the only ones left.
I somehow wound up being the unpaid 'well fixer' and as time went on I even
became the "well fixer upper guy who got to pay the costs".

I drilled myi own well to get off that community well but kept the
interconnection "in case". 'In case' happened twice at the neighbors and
they used off my well until theirs was fixed. Then about 2 months ago my
well pump started running about every 15 minutes. What with all the
irrigation lines I had installed, I was looking at a major digging project
to find the leak.

OK. Told the neighbor I would be using off their well. Turned on the
interconnect and then discovered that there was no shut-ff between the
pressur tank and my well. Neighbor would have been pumping right into
wherever my leak was.

didn't you have a check valve between the pressure tank and the well?