Bob Minchin

Default Ferm pressure washers

al wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
news:3fc1edfd$0$13349
I got the 50 quid performance power one from B&Q. Does the job. Excellent

on
the patio. It is obviously not quite as good as a friend's Karcher, but

that
cost four times as much.

Karcher seems to be having quite a big sale if these prices are to be
believed:

http://karchershop.co.uk/karchershop/index.htm

Would I be better off with one of them for under £70 rather than a Ferm?

IIRC, Karcher do a nozzle called something like a dirtblaster. Inside it has a
rotatin part which give the jet more of a scouring action and is very good on
patios. the only other brand that has something similar I know of is Bosch,
which are also very good.
Nozzles, hozes & tools are not interchangeable between brands and bodged
adaptors are not that practical due to the high working pressure.

I'd buy the Karcher over a Ferm. Worth checking the warranty. A Ferm saw I have
offers 3 years which is pretty good for a budget brand. Don't know what karcher
offer.

Bob