Andrew Gabriel

Default newbie: plastering.

In article ,
brixton mcfarlane writes:
Can/Will the plasterer just plaster directly onto the brick or will I
have to fit plasterboard 1st?

The plasterer will go straight into brick with undercoat plaster (Carlite
Browning), and then skim it as usual.

If you wanted to save money on the cost of him plastering, you could fix
plasterboard to the wall with 'dabs' of adhesive. This isn't very hard if
the wall is flat (ie not concave or convex). Bearing in mind the high
hourly rate of plasters, and the cheap cost of plasterboard, this is
definitely worth considering.

Sorry but I disagree. If you are getting a plasterer in, leave him
to do this. You will probably pay for a day's time anyway, and he
can do the scratch coat and finish coat the same day (unless the
room is enormous). He is unlikely to want to skim over your D.I.Y.
plasterboard, and the results might show it.

--
Andrew Gabriel