Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

amdx fired this volley in news:lrhdki$jid$1@dont-
email.me:

So the question;
Once you have an arc started can you sustain it with low voltage?

Is that rhetorical, for the group, or do you want an answer? It's simple,
really. So is the reason why you can _appear_ to do so.

Lloyd

No, I'm ignorant on that subject. I am looking for an answer.
I have some 15kv neon transformers, I could connect one to my variac
and test it myself, but I'm getting lazier as I get older.
My thinking is the plasma is a conductor so it will sustain an arc at
lower voltages, but if there is not enough current to keep it hot, the
arc will extinguish. But that one big speculation on my part
Mikek

---